Partnering with communities
Community Connections Program
As part of the commitment of the broader WestConnex project to connect communities and provide positive community outcomes, Sydney Motorway Corporation (SMC) has established the Community Connections Program.
Community Connections supports initiatives and programs aimed at providing benefits to the economies, communities and environments impacted by and benefiting from WestConnex.
The overarching objectives for the 2016-17 period is to contribute to liveable communities and to maximise equitable training and employment opportunities.
The Community Connections Program is aligned to the WestConnex Sustainability Strategy and supports initiatives to deliver outcomes in five key areas:
- Cultural heritage
- Economic development
The initiatives and partnerships supported through the Community Connections Program:
- Provide a sustainable legacy with lasting benefits to local economy, community or natural environment
- Connect people with their communities
- Build strong relationships of trust between SMC and key SMC stakeholders including local communities
- Improve understanding of WestConnex and its benefits
- Deliver sustainable improvements in skills and education in our industry
- Support diversity, inclusion and equality
- Link SMC employees to local communities and sustainable outcomes.
Two foundation elements of the program are the Community Grant Scheme and our Community Partnerships. Click on the following links to find out more.
To keep up to date with news about our Community Connections Program, please email us at email@example.com and we'll add you to our distribution list.