Principles of stakeholder and community engagement
In working with our local communities and stakeholders, we will always endeavour to:
- Make the most of all opportunities to involve stakeholders and the community in the project
- Arrange engagement activities at times and places that are convenient for our stakeholders and provide online options
- Respond to reasonable requests from the community and stakeholders for additional engagement activities and information
- Acknowledge and understand diverse views on Sydney Motorway Corporation’s projects
- Use feedback to positively influence Sydney Motorway Corporation’s operations and projects.
Community engagement on WestConnex
Since project inception, Sydney Motorway Corporation has:
- Distributed more than a million community updates to homes and businesses throughout the WestConnex corridor
- Held more than 55 community information sessions for local residents to drop in and talk directly with the teams planning and building the motorway
- Held more than 550 briefings, with council, property owners and other key stakeholders.